- Published: Wednesday, 30 June 2010 13:40
About the role
Propylon is a leading global vendor of legislative software. We work with Legislatures and Regulatory agencies in the US and Europe to solve their document management problems and use cutting edge technologies to provide opportunities for value added services.
Propylon has exciting opportunities for developers who love working with cutting edge technologies and working with development teams that embrace developers who are passionate about their coding.
We are looking for an experienced Web and Java Developer with Swing/NetBeans development experience.
This development role will be embedded within a dynamic engineering team developing features to manipulate documents and data. The role will involve working closely with Business Systems Analysts to design, code and test Propylon’s suite of products.
2+ years experience in the following technologies:
- Minimum 2 years experience with Java
- Experience with frameworks such as Netbeans
- Experience with UI toolkits such as Swing and AWT
Desirable - not essential
- OpenOffice API
- OpenOffice Macros
- MySQL (or other databases)
- Visual Basic
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences
- Ability to deliver high quality code and documentation in a timely manner
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This role is based in Lawrence, Kansas.